GENERAL RULES OF HIRING OF
GOOD SHEPHERD HALL
1. Insurance. The hirer shall not do or neglect to do or permit to be done or left undone anything which will affect the Parish's Insurance Policy or Policies relating to fire or public risk in connection with the Hall, and the hirer hereby agrees to indemnify the Parish to the extent that such policies are affected through any such commission or omission.
The hirer shall indemnify Good Shepherd Parish and keep the Parish indemnified from and against all actions, suits, proceedings, claims, demands, damages, costs and liabilities whatsoever brought, prosecuted, made or claimed (as the case may be) against the Parish for or on account of or arising out of or in any way connected with the loss of life, personal injury to damage to or loss or property suffered or sustained in consequence of the acts, omissions, neglect or default (including negligence) of the hirer or any servant or agent of the hirer or of any person claiming through or under the hirer during the period of hire.
2. Damage. The hirer shall reimburse all moneys expected by Good Shepherd Parish in connection with any loss of, or damage to, the Hall or any fixture of chattels.
3. Bond Refund. Provided that there is no damage, excess cleaning or complaint of noise, your bond will be refunded within 14 days.
4. Cancellations. A fee of $50 will be charged for any booking cancelled up to one month prior to function. Bond deposit forfeited if booking cancelled within one month of function. In the event of any dispute or difference arising as to the interpretation of these conditions, or any matter contained therein, the decision of the Parish Priest shall be final and conclusive.
5. Security. It is your responsibility to ensure that unauthorised persons do not intrude on your function.
6. Non-transferable. The Hall shall not be sub-let, transferred or reassigned without the permission of the Hall Management Committee
7. Power Restrictions. In the event of restrictions to normal power supplies, the hirer may make arrangements for the use of a generator to supply power, subject to the approval of the Parish Priest. An approved qualified electrician shall be present at all times while the generator is operating. All associated costs shall be borne by the hirer.
8. Consumption of Liquor. It is the responsibility of the hirer to obtain a licence from the Liquor Control Commission when a charge is made for alcohol, either consumed or sold in the Hall, or raffled as a prize. The licence must be produced to the Secretary prior to the function and be displayed at the function. (Fifteen working days should be allowed for obtaining a permit.) Beer in bulk containers, such as kegs or barrels, is not permitted.
9. Smoking is not permitted within the Hall. If you wish to smoke outside, all butts are to be disposed of in the sand trays.
10. Candle wax/chewing gum are very difficult to remove. Please take every precaution to see that these are not dropped on the floor.
11. Decorations are to be attached ONLY on the special hooks provided and are NOT to be hung from the overhead beams. No sticky tape, blutack, nails, etc. are to be used. All decorations, string, etc. are to be removed at the end of the function.
13. You need to bring:
14. Cleaning. The Hall is to be cleaned immediately after your function. If cleaners have to be brought in because of an unsatisfactory state of cleanliness, the cost will be deducted from your bond, minimum cost $50.00
Necessary cleaning is as follows:
a. Clean all spills with mop & bucket, using hot water. The mops are on the verandah outside the kitchen & buckets in 1st cubicle in men's toilet.)
b. After cleaning floor, sweep with dry mop-brooms (from cupboard in men’s bathroom area).
c. Clean external area, including sand containers, of cigarette butts, papers, cans & bottles and any other rubbish which your guests may have left behind.
d. Clean kitchen, toilets and wash basin areas.
e. Remove all decorations and rubbish, including bottles, etc.
f. Disposal of Rubbish: You may use the school dumper by prior arrangement, after a CASH payment of $30.00. Dumper is located at far end of car park.
Hall cleaning service is available if desired - contact Michael on 0411 699 411
Do not leave any appliances operating (especially heaters) when a responsible person is not in attendance.
16. Before leaving - All functions must conclude at the time set out in the Hiring Agreement and the Hall must be vacated as soon as practicable thereafter, otherwise penalty rates will apply.